Apply for the first Urban, four-year cohort at the University of Alberta, starting Fall 2017.
Application Deadline : May 31, 2017
Aboriginal Teacher Education Program (ATEP) is an off-campus community based collaborative cohort program. The Aboriginal Teacher Education Program works towards developing a greater understanding of the Aboriginal culture and perspective on teaching and learning, primarily in schools where Aboriginal children are learning. Our goal is to improve the educational success of Aboriginal children by increasing the number of Aboriginal teachers and teachers with an understanding of Aboriginal culture and perspectives in communities in northern Alberta. ATEP, working collectively with our collaborative colleges, is providing the final 60 credits of university course work required for a Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education.
Current Collaborative, Community-Based Programs
- 2016-2018 A collaborative Elementary Education program with Maswacis Cultural College
- 2016-2018 A collaborative Elementary Education program with University nuhelot’įne thaiyots’į nistameyimâkanak Blue Quills
Future Collaborative Programs
- 2017-2021 - Urban cohort at the University of Alberta - Secondary Education Stream
- 2018-2020 Northern Lakes College
- 2018-2020 Portage College in Cold Lake